3 Aug 2007

Quiz Night: Viva La Oposicion!

Quiz Night was on Wednesdays at Deep Hall, the Lincoln College pub and organized by Simon (our local bartender). Our team was called La OposiciĆ³n and it consisted of Peter, Nichole, Augustan (the Monk), Molly and I. The name of our team is the result of a joke that began the moment people in the program became comfortable with me… and started calling me the Mexican. Our slogan was: Viva la OposiciĆ³n! What these people did not know is that that is the perfect cheer for a Venezuela like me.

We shared a booth with The Office, a team consisting of Joan, Eileen, Peter and a guest. I found out that professors, too, can be VERY competitive when it comes to trivia. It was just a side of Joan, Eileen and Peter I had never seen before. Other teams were: DAMM, Standing Room Only (who won), Specter, etc.

Although we did not win, we were not half bad! Molly, the last person who joined, turned out to be our secret weapon. Augustan, although good too, was just sooo excited to do something different, he was out of control, taking pictures of himself (with my camera as you will see) and making fun of the Office when they got one wrong… also a side of the Monk we had not seen. Augustan (whose name is originally Jason) belongs to the Benedictine Order and lives in St. Louis, Missouri, where he teaches English at a boy school.

No comments: