17 Oct 2007

On the Move

I’ve moved back in with my mom! Ok, there, I said it! Since my last entry, I’ve vacated my old apartment, which has officially become my younger sister’s and her soon to be husband’s abode, and moved into an even roomier pad which I will share with my mom when she visits Venezuela. Although I am stuck with a smaller room and closet, I love the location, the feel of the new place, the private yard and most importantly the very deep bathtub! So although the move from two apartments into one and relinquishing the master bedroom for the smallest auxiliary room can be traumatic at first, a daily soak makes it all worth it!

In the meantime, my sister Elizabeth is making all the preparations for her wedding in January. I wish it wasn’t so, but pre-wedding can be a stressful experience even for those of us on the periphery. My theory is to focus on three things... booze, food and music. I must say though, she is doing an excellent job so far.

In my last entry I voiced some concerns regarding my writing career. It was helpful to get my feelings out and motivating to get positive feedback from a certain friend who lives in L.A. who is dearly loved and greatly admired. Since then I have been writing a lot, reading works with content and doing a bit of research on the daily lives of international authors to see if I could actually do what they do. So far I’ve identified with Jennifer Weiner, the writer of GOOD IN BED, IN HER SHOES and other books that have made the New York Times best seller’s list and are sold all over the world. Jennifer captures those fleeting moments in our routine when our flaws intermingle with our gifts to make each of us truly unique and special. I love that her work is full of meaning, lessons, yet is told through stories that are humorous and lighthearted.

1 comment:

Chelsey Meek said...

Bea girl...
My website moved to themeeklifetoo.blogspot.com
check it out and change your link. :)