14 Jul 2007

Our Third High Table

I worked on a paper all day, taking short breaks only to eat and stretch my legs. It was a very productive day rewarded by high table and a couple of drinks with friends.

At 6pm friends dropped by to borrow some clothes. I poured myself a glass of Snake Creek Shiraz (to unwind), showered and proceeded to the dinning hall at 7pm. The menu for the evening was salmon with mayonnaise accompanied by a glass of white wine, chicken with mushroom sauce and summer vegetables with red wine and summer pudding cake for desert. Our server was wonderful, consistently filling our respective glasses throughout the meal. I did not attend the question and answer session with the team of Brideshead Revisited because I had not read the book, seen the movie, and thus had nothing to contribute. Instead I went with Rachel, Jesse and Matt to the Bear Inn and shared a pitcher of Hancock Ale.

While there, I bummed a cigarette off a group of oriental men in exchange for which I was obliged to take a picture with each of them (there were three). This is the second time in my life I have had to take photographs with oriental men who are on vacation. It is still always an odd experience!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I love u...have the a wonderful time...love the pub...mom

Bea Pimentel said...

Thanks Mom. No me habia fijado que me dejastes un mensajito!