17 Jul 2007

Visiting Ana and John St. Croix

I arrived to London by 11am. It was an easy trip from Gloucester Green to Victoria on the Oxford Espress and from Victoria to Earl’s Court on the underground because I just missed the rush hour traffic. I walked a couple of blocks to Ana and John’s flat located at Chatsworth Court, where I dropped off my belongings before the two of us headed out to walk the streets. We had coffee at Le Pain Quotidien, visited Holland Park and Kensington Palace, did a bit of shopping at a new Whole Foods Market and had an amazing lunch at a local place called…

In the evening, Ana, John, Jeremy (John’s friend) and I had a wonderful roast with vegetables and potatoes, which John prepared after he came home from work. The three of us (Ana doesn’t drink) polished off 5 bottles of the most exquisite wine! Thankfully, I was not hung-over in the morning, although I admit I was a bit tired. I left at 1pm to meet Susan (my second Aunt?) at Oakwood station.


I must admit that when Winston, Charles's father, warned me about "the wines" I never thought that he meant that John would be opening bottles of "fine wine" until all of us (except Ana) passed out!

On his behalf, I must say that he started with a bottle of wine from 1990, the year they got married. Let's say he did it to be romantic!



No comments: